4D SOMO-14D Embedded Audio (Sound) Module
The SOMO-14D is a tiny Audio-Sound module that can play back pre-stored audio files such as voice and music from a micro-SD memory card. The module supports 4-bit ADPCM audio files with sample rates from 6KHz up to 32KHz. By using the freely available software tool, any WAVE(.wav) or MP3(.mp3) file can be easily converted to the ADPCM(.ad4) format which can then be saved to a micro-SD memory card. The compact 14pin drop-in-module takes up very minimal board space and is ideal for any application that requires embedded audio.
The module offers two modes of operation, SERIAL-MODE and the KEY-MODE.
The SERIAL-MODE provides a simple 2-wire interface to any micro-controller via its DATA and CLK lines. Audio operations such as PLAY, PAUSE, STOP and VOLUME control functions are all available to the host micro via simple serial commands.
The KEY-MODE provides a stand alone operation where a host micro is not required. With only 3 push buttons, a 3.0V battery and a speaker, an extremely compact and low component count MP3-Player like system can be implemented.
In short, the SOMO offers a very flexible, compact and low cost embedded audio solution for many applications.
- Low-cost module for all embedded Audio-Sound applications
- Supports 4-bit ADPCM (.ad4) file formats with sampling rates from 6KHz to 32KHz
- SERIAL MODE: Supports a 2-Wire (Data, Clock) interface to any micro-controller
- KEY-MODE: Supports a simple stand alone operation without a host micro
- Differential 2 line PWM output for direct speaker connection (8 Ohm/0.5W)
- Dedicated 16-bit DAC audio output to use with an external amplifier
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of audio, voice and music files (up to 512 files)
- Supports up to 2Gig micro-SD memory cards (FAT16 format)
- Compact size measuring only 18.3 x 20.8 mm
- 3.0V to 3.8V DC voltage range (single supply)
- Low Power Idle current of 8.0uA
- RoHS Compliant