4D µDRIVE-uSD-G1 Embedded (DOS) Drive Module
The micro-DRIVE (uDRIVE-uSD-G1) is an extremely compact high performance Embedded Disk Drive module that can be easily added to any microcontroller design that requires a DOS compatible file and data storage system. Most micro-controllers have small and limited on-chip memory. For those applications that require large volumes of data, the micro-DRIVE integrates the GOLDELOX-DOS chip onto a tiny drop-in-module. A simple serial interface is all that is required to take away the burden of low level design that would otherwise be required for the host controller.
The micro-DRIVE module utilises off the shelf removable microSD memory cards of upto 4GB of capacity and above. A handful of straightforward commands provide direct access to the onboard memory card for storing and retrieving any size or type of data. Access to the card can be at (FAT based) file levels or at raw disk byte levels. Applications can range from data logging, program storage, music files, image and video files or any type of general purpose data storage. So next time your host micro-controller application requires a file/data storage, the micro-DRIVE may be the ideal solution.
- General purpose data storage device with a simple serial interface that can be added to any design in a wide range of embedded applications
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16) as well as low level access to card memory
- On board microSD memory card interace and adaptor
- Accomodates off the shelf microSD removable memory cards upto 4GB and above
- Simple serial commands provide full read-write access to the card
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- Serial interface (TTL levels) with autobaud feature from 300 to 256K baudrates
- Onboard Status LEDs: GREEN - Power and Memory Card detect indicator / RED: Drive data access indicator
- 3.6V to 5.5V range operation
- Tiny footprint: 14.9 x 18.9 x 3.5mm
- RoHS Compliant