CCS C PCWHD Compiler
Accelerate your product development with CCS code optimizing C Compilers
The CCS C Aware IDE provides a complete integrated tool suite for developing and debugging embedded applications running on Microchip PIC® MCUs and dsPIC® DSCs.
Key Components of C Aware IDE:
- Project manager
- C-Aware text editor
- Compilation control to completely or partially build projects
- Utilities for file comparison, numeric conversion, disassembly, parametric device selection and more
- C-Source code level in-circuit debugger
- Output file viewers for list files, symbol maps, call trees, etc.
- Documentation creation tools
Key Components in Compiler:
- 300+ Built-in Functions
- 130 External Peripheral Drivers
- 130+ Example Programs
- Source Code Libraries include RS232, A/D and D/A converter, expanded Input/Output, SPI, I2C, Capacitive Touch and more
- Drivers for Real-time clocks, CAN, TCP/IP and CDC
Unique Features of Compiler:
- 1,8,16 and 32-bit Integer types
- 32-bit Floating Point
- Bit Arrays
- Fixed Point Decimal
- Enhanced oscillator control to choose from multiple clock sources, PLL and power saving options
- #BIT, #BYTE and #WORD allow C variables to be placed at absolute addresses to map registers to C variables
- One-bit type (Short Int) enables the compiler to generate very efficient Bit-oriented code
- Flexible handling of interrupts, constant data and variable length constant strings
Advanced Features Exclusive to PCWHD Compiler for PIC24/dsPIC devices:
- 48 and 64-bit Floating Point for calculations requiring greater precision or broader ranges
- Function recursion
- Built in libraries that work with all chips for RS232 serial I/O, I2C, discrete I/O and precision delays.
- Integrates with MPLAB IDE and other simulators and editors for source level debugging. Standard HEX file and debug files ensure compatibility with all programmers.
- Formatted printf allows easy formatting and display in HEX or decimal.
- Efficient function implementation allows call trees deeper than the hardware stack.
- Source code drivers included for LCD modules, keypads, 24xx and 94xx serial EEPROMs, X10, DS1302 and NJU6355 real time clocks, Dallas touch memory devices, DS2223 and PCF8570 serial SRAM, LTC1298 and PCF8591 A/D converters, temperature sensors, digital pots, I/O expander and much more.
- Access to hardware features from easy to use C functions, timers, A/D, EEPROM, SSP, PSP, USB, I2C and more.
- 1, 8, 16 and 32 bit integer types and 32 bit floating point.
- Assembly code may be inserted anywhere in the source and may reference C variables.
- Automatic linking handles multiple code pages.
- Inline functions supported to save stack space; Linker will automatically determine the best architecture or it can be manually specified.
- Compiler directives determine if tri-state registers are refreshed on every I/O or if the I/O is as fast as possible.
- Constants (including strings and arrays) are saved in program memory.
- Standard one bit type (Short Int) permits the compiler to generate very efficient Bit orientated code.
- #BIT and #BYTE will allow C variables to be placed at absolute addresses to map registers to C variables.
- Reference parameters may be used to improve code readability and inline function efficiency.
- PCW has both an integrated editor/compiler and command line compiler.
- Special windows show the RAM memory map, C/Assembly listing, and the calling tree.
- Interrupt functions supported on PCM/PCH. The compiler generates all startup and clean up code as well as identifying the correct interrupt function to be called.
- Plenty of ready to run example programs included.
- Updates via the internet for 30 days included.