PicBasic Pro Compiler
This product has been superceded by the latest version of PICBASIC PRO and is no longer available. Please visit our new PICBASIC PRO page here for more information.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler is the easiest way for you to program the fast and powerful Microchip Technology PIC Microcontrollers. PicBasic Pro converts your BASIC programs into files that can be programmed directly into a PIC Microcontroller.
PicBasic Pro is a Windows program. Specially designed editor/interface software is provided that allows you to edit your program with colour-coded syntax, jump to portions of your program using a left-pane navigation system, and compile and program with a single click of the mouse. For DOS users, a command-line version is also included.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler features: BASIC Stamp 2 commands, direct and library routine access to pins on PORTA, C, D, E, as well as PORTB, arrays, real IF..THEN..ELSE and interrupt processing in BASIC.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler gives you direct access to all of the PIC Microcontroller registers - I/O ports, A/D converters, hardware serial ports, etc. - easily and in BASIC. It automatically takes care of the page boundaries and RAM banks. It even includes built-in commands to control intelligent LCD modules. Floating-Point calculations are possible with downloaded routines.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler instruction set is upward compatible with the BASIC Stamp 2 and Pro uses BS2 syntax. Programs can be compiled and programmed directly into a PIC Microcontroller, eliminating the need for a BASIC Stamp module. These programs execute much faster and may be longer than their Stamp equivalents. They may also be protected so no one can copy your code.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler can create programs for any of Microchip’s PIC Microcontrollers and works with most PIC Microcontroller programmers, including the EPIC Plus Programmer, Serial Programmer, USB Programmer and U2 USB Programmer. A printed manual and sample programs are included to get you started.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler can also be used inside Microchip’s MPLAB IDE. This allows programs to be edited and simulated within Windows.
The PicBasic Pro Compiler also has limited support for the 12-bit core microcontrollers and BASIC source-level debugging.
- True compiler provides faster program execution and longer programs than BASIC interpreters
- Direct and library routine access to any pin or register
- Automatic page boundary handling past 2K
- Bit, byte and word arrays
- Real If..Then..Else..Endif
- Hierarchical expression handling
- Interrupts in BASIC and assembler
- BASIC Stamp 1 and 2 library
- Built-in LCD support
- Oscillator support from 3.58MHz to 40MHz
- I2C instructions to access more external devices including serial EEPROMs
- In-line assembler and CALL support
- MPLAB / MPASM / ICE compatibility
- Windows and DOS compatible
- Supports all Microchip PIC Microcontroller families
- Compatible with most PIC Microcontroller programmers