4D ÁCAM-II Camera Module
The uCAM-II (microCAM-II) is a highly integrated serial camera module which can be attached to any host system that requires a video camera or a JPEG compressed still camera for embedded imaging applications.
The module uses a CMOS VGA colour sensor along with a JPEG compression chip that provides a low cost and low powered camera system. The module has an on-board serial interface (TTL) that is suitable for a direct connection to any host micro-controller UART or a PC system COM port.
The uCAM-II is capable of outputting both RAW format and JPEG format images.
User commands are sent using a simple serial protocol that can instruct the camera to send low resolution (80x60 to 160x120) single frame raw images for viewing or high resolution (160x128 to 640x480) JPEG images for storage or viewing.
The uCAM-II comes in a compact form factor with a built in lens and a 5-wire connector that provides easy access to both power and serial data.
There are 3 lenses available for this camera from 4D Systems. A 56 degree (Standard), a 76 degree, and a 116 degree.
These are available to purchase from 4D Systems separately if required. The uCAM-II ships with the 56 degree lens installed.
There is a locking nut on the barrel thread of the lens, which is used to lock the focus in place once set, to prevent it from inadvertently being changed.
- Small size, low cost and low powered camera module for embedded imaging applications
- uCAM-II: 5V DC Supply nominal
- On-board EEPROM provides a command-based interface to external host via TTL serial link
- UART: up to 3.68Mbps for transferring JPEG still pictures or raw images
- On board VGA colour sensor and RAW / JPEG CODEC for different resolutions
- Built-in down sampling, clamping and windowing circuits for VGA, QVGA or 160x120 image resolutions
- Built-in colour conversion circuits for 16-bit CrYCbY, 8-bit gray, 16-bit RGB or standard JPEG images
- No external DRAM required
- Additions lenses available
- Locking nut for locking focus in place
- Weight ~6g
- Dimensions: 32mm x 32mm x 21mm (without lens, including header)