Solutions Cubed BM004 Electronic Compass
This electronic compass provides magnetic field and acceleration measurements in 3 dimensions. Together these readings provide heading information and can be used as a heading-orientation sensor (electronic compass). The readings are accessed with an I2C interface which is compatible with 3.3V and 5V systems. The module can also provide information on orientation (X,Y, and Z axis). This product is provided as open-source hardware with all design files available for use, re-use, or modification.
Module documentation and application info are available to get you started right away. This is open source hardware, all design files are available.
- Perfect for mobile systems in need of heading and orientation feedback
- 3D magnetometer and 3D accelerometer in one package
- Internal interrupts can programmed for freefall or orientation
- 3.3-5VDC operation
- small footprint - 0.7"x1.0"x0.25" (9-pin SIP footprint)
- comes with solderable header for breadboarding, or may be surface mounted/wired
- ROHS compliant